Ted is Partner in Charge of the Brown Smith Wallace Advisory Services practice. He is responsible for leading engagements that help clients manage business risk, improve processes and internal controls, and comply with the provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Prior to joining Brown Smith Wallace, Ted spent more than 13 years at KPMG LLP where he was responsible for leading audit and advisory service engagements. Ted’s experience includes:
- Overseeing and managing internal audit co-sourcing arrangements and assisting internal audit organizations with the development and execution of entity-wide risk assessments and audit plans. Focusing on helping clients develop risk-based, value-focused internal audit plans.
- Leading engagements to help clients put in place strategies and approaches to implement data analysis tools and techniques into the audit process.
- Leading and managing internal control documentation, testing, and remediation engagements as part of various regulatory compliance programs, including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements. Assists clients in making their internal control programs more efficient and effective.
- Managing and serving as concurring review partner for SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 examinations for third-party service providers.
- Overseeing and managing the execution of construction audit services which are designed to help clients manage and mitigate risks associated with significant, complex capital projects.
- Managing audit and process improvement evaluations of business processes, systems, and implementations. Ted has performed assessments of numerous systems, policies, and procedures for financial, operational and technology processes.
- Developing policies and procedures to support the consistent and effective execution of processes for clients across various industries. Assisting clients with improving processes by reducing redundancy, leveraging technology and enhancing controls.
Ted is a Board member and former President of the St. Louis Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and is a member of ISACA and the Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants (MOCPA). He also serves as a Board member and President of the Crown Center, Board member, Treasurer and Executive Committee member of the St. Louis Men’s’ Group Against Cancer, and Board member, Audit Committee Chair and Executive Committee member of the JCC of St. Louis. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Ted received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting from the University of Texas at Austin.
- Brown Smith Wallace 6 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 02.28.2017
Board Member and President--Crown Center for Senior Living
Treasurer--St. Louis Men’s Group Against Cancer
Treasurer and Board Member--Jewish Community Center of St. Louis.
Institute of Internal Auditors--St. Louis Chapter
University of Texas at Austin