Mark Renken is the Director of Health Care Advisory Services at Brown Smith Wallace with more than 35 years of health care industry experience. During his career, he has focused on physician and medical group practices. His leadership experience includes both private and hospital affiliated medical groups.
In his role, Mark provides clients with strategic, financial and operational planning; value-based payment arrangements; practice acquisitions and integrations; compensation plan design and implementation; operational assessments; organizational governance and structure; and community need assessments.
Prior to joining Brown Smith Wallace, Mark served as the Regional Executive Director/Chief Administrative Officer for the SSM – St. Louis Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice with more than 350 providers. Under his leadership: the group doubled in size through practice acquisitions and organic growth; incentive physician compensation plans were created for both volume and value-based arrangements; gain-share and risk based managed care contracts were implemented; the physician governance structure was created; and the group achieved Press-Ganey patient and employee satisfaction scores in the top decile of performance.
Mark earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Westminster College and is a Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE). He is the Board Treasurer for Volunteers in Medicine in St. Charles, MO, and past president of the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) of Missouri.
- Provider Relief Fund Recipients Subject to Green Book Internal Control Requirements – Are You Ready?01.12.2021
- Frequently Asked Questions from Connecting CARES Act Funding Options for Health Care Providers Webinar05.11.2020
- HHS Extends Deadline for Attestation, Acceptance of Terms and Conditions for Provider Relief Fund Payments to 45 Days05.08.2020
- Online - GoToWebinar, 05.21.2020
- Online/Live Webinar, 04.30.2020