Kelly J. Weis, CPA is a partner in the Audit Services group. Kelly has over 25 years of auditing, accounting and corporate taxation experience. Her areas of concentration include retail, not-for-profit, distribution, health care, rental real estate and other professional service industries.
In addition to traditional financial statement engagements, Kelly has consulted with clients in other accounting related areas including:
- Cost segregation studies, which allow an entity to maximize their depreciation deductions currently and in turn defer income taxes.
- Internal control studies, which identify control weaknesses in an organization in an effort to reduce errors and irregularities in the financial reporting process.
- Budgeting assistance, which allows an organization to monitor cash flows through the management of revenue and expenditures.
- General consulting relating to the evaluation and improvement of monthly accounting procedures, which allows an entity to maximize efficiencies.
Her responsibilities at Brown Smith Wallace include supervising a staff of 30, reviewing audit and accounting financial statement engagements, keeping staff up to date on recent technical pronouncements, and working with small business owners and managers on dealing with day to day accounting and financial challenge
Kelly assists in the implementation and monitoring of the Audit Services group business plan, oversees continuing education of the Audit Services Group and is a member of the firm’s audit technical committee.
Kelly received her Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Southwest Missouri State University. She is a member of the AICPA and Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants and is active in nonprofit organizations, including The Little Bit Foundation and St. Francis Community Services, a Catholic Charities organization.
- CityPlace 1 Auditorium, 12.12.2018
The Little Bit Foundation
St. Francis Community Services