Keenan is a Manager in the Brown Smith Wallace Advisory Services practice, where his primary area of expertise is assessing and testing internal controls systems, evaluating processes and working with management to develop recommendations for improvement. Prior to joining Brown Smith Wallace in November 2013, Keenan served as Audit Manager at Aegion Corporation (formerly Insituform Technologies) and as a staff at a St. Louis professional services firm.
Keenan has more than 19 years of internal auditing and project management experience. He has more than 10 years of government auditing experience, including serving as internal audit manager for two years; working for accounting/professional services firms for six years; and working for a pipeline rehabilitation company for three years, where he served just over a year as internal audit manager.
Keenan’s work experience includes performance of internal audits, process improvement reviews, construction audits, SOX reviews and quality assessment reviews for various clients in multiple industries.
Keenan earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from the University of Missouri-Columbia. He is a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Construction Auditor (CCA). Keenan has been active in the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), serving as a Committee Chair and Secretary.
- Q1 2018 Public Sector Advisory Risk Briefing: Effective Internal Controls for Vendor Management and ProcurementBlanchette Park Memorial Hall, 03.01.2018
- Q1 2018 Public Sector Advisory Risk Briefing: Effective Internal Controls for Vendor Management and ProcurementBrown Smith Wallace, 03.02.2018
- Q1 Advisory Risk Briefing Webinar: Effective Internal Controls for Vendor Management and ProcurementOnline/Live Webinar, 03.07.2018
- Brown Smith Wallace | CityPlace 6 6 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 03.03.2017
- Blanchette Park Memorial Hall 1900 W Randolph St, St Charles, MO 63301, USA, 03.02.2017
University of Missouri-Columbia