Joe is a Principal in Advisory Services at Brown Smith Wallace. She is an experienced Galvanize (formerly ACL) data analyst who brings a great ability to dig in and understand new information, whether that is analyzing data or quickly learning new software tools. Joe has been working with Galvanize since 2005 and has seen the difference in audit results when it is part of the audit plan. She championed Galvanize use and helped roll out Galvanize applications to operational areas in her roles prior to joining Brown Smith Wallace.
Joe joined Brown Smith Wallace in 2011 after spending five years in Internal Audit at Kellwood and Sigma Aldrich. Her experience centers on financial audits, operational audits, supply chain, and data analysis.
Joe is responsible for developing continuous monitoring tools and reporting dashboards to enhance controls and reduce time intensive manual reviews.
Joe has experience serving the following industries:
- Financial Services
Joe earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Missouri State University and a Masters in Business Administration from UMSL. She is a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) and the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). She is also involved with the Humane Society of Missouri (HSMO). Joe is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and an ACL Certified Data Analyst (ACDA).
- Brown Smith Wallace Examines Beneath the Surface to Assist a Municipal Utility Resolve Utility Billing Problems03.26.2021
- Small Business Monthly, 08.09.2019
- Online/Live Webinar, 09.18.2019
- First Floor Training Room, CityPlace 6 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 09.13.2019
- Q3 2019 Advisory Risk Briefing: Using Data Analytics to Monitor Fraud Risks @ Blanchette Park Memorial HallBlanchette Park Memorial Hall 1900 W Randolph St, St Charles, MO 63301, USA, 09.12.2019
- Online, 04.24.2018
- 6 CityPlace First Floor Training Room 6 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 06.02.2017
- Blanchette Park Memorial Hall 1900 W Randolph St, St Charles, MO 63301, USA, 06.01.2017
- CityPlace 6 :: Lobby-level Training Room 6 CityPlace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 01.26.2017
Humane Society of Missouri
Missouri State University
University of Missouri-St. Louis