Jen is a Partner in the Tax Services practice of Brown Smith Wallace and has more than 18 years of experience, specializing in not-for-profit, individual and small business returns.
Jen is responsible for the firm’s not-for-profit tax engagements and provides oversight for other individual and business tax engagements.
Jen enjoys working one-on-one with clients to minimize their tax obligations and help them understand their current tax position. She stays up to date on tax law changes through a variety of continuing education courses and seminars. She has publicly presented on the following topics:
- “NPO and Health Care Industry Leader Panel,” Brown Smith Wallace NPO Speaker Series, December 2018
- “A Woman in Leadership,” MOCPA Women’s Leadership Conference TED Talk, October 2018
- “Getting Engaged in Advocacy,” MOCPA NFP Conference, October 2018
- “Tax Reform: Impact and Fundraising Opportunities,” Brown Smith Wallace NPO Speaker Series, February 2018
- “We Fix Ugly 990s,” Brown Smith Wallace NPO Speaker Series, December 2015
- “990 Deep Dive, UBI and Other Pitfalls,” MOCPA Not-for-Profit Conference, October 2015
- “2014 Tax Prep,” St. Charles County Association of Realtors, January 2015
- “Overview of Form 990,” Q4-2013 NPO Industry Roundtable, October 2013
Jen has also written for the MOCPA periodical, The Asset:
- “Nonprofit Parking Tax: Expired Meters and the UBI ‘Fine,’” January 2019
- "Implementing Effective Enterprise Risk Management Processes", November 2012
Jen was selected as a member of the St. Louis Business Journal 40 Under 40 award in 2018, and she was a Missouri Society of CPAs (MOCPA) 2015 Women to Watch recipient. Through her membership in the MOCPA she serves on both the Board of Directors and the Finance & Audit Committee and is the former chair of the MOCPA NFP Committee. Jen is a member of the AICPA and successfully completed her AICPA’s Not-for-Profit Certification I. Jen graduated magna cum laude and with honors with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
In 2018, she participated in the Brown Smith Wallace Partnership Readiness Program (PRP), which prepares selected Principals to become the next generation of firm Partners.
Honors & Recognitions
MOCPA Woman to Watch
- The Asset - Official Publication of the Missouri Society of CPAs, 02.08.2019
- IRS Proposed Regulations Address Charitable Contributions Made After August 27, 2018 in Exchange for SALT Credits08.27.2018
In The News
- Spencer Creek Library - 427 Spencer Rd, St. Peters, MO 63376, 05.01.2019
- The Jewish Community Center - 2 Millstone Campus Dr., St. Louis, MO 63146, 04.24.2019
- The Jewish Community Center - 2 Millstone Campus Dr., St. Louis, MO 63146, 02.13.2019
- CityPlace 1 Auditorium, 12.12.2018
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, St. Louis, MO, 10.25.2018
- NPO Speaker Series: Putting Your Annual Campaign on the Couch - Strategies to Improve Fundraising Effectiveness @ St. Charles CountySpencer Creek Library, 427 Spencer Rd., St Peters, MO 63376, 05.01.2018
- NPO Speaker Series: Putting Your Annual Campaign on the Couch - Strategies to Improve Fundraising Effectiveness @ Jewish Community Center2 Millstone Campus Dr, St. Louis, MO 63146, 04.25.2018
- Spencer Creek Library, 427 Spencer Rd., St Peters, MO 63376, 02.28.2018
- 2 Millstone Campus Dr, St. Louis, MO 63146, 02.21.2018
- OPO Startups 119 S Main St, St Charles, MO 63301, USA, 05.04.2017
- CityPlace 1 Auditorium 1 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 04.26.2017
Missouri Society of CPAs - Board of Directors, Not-for-Profit Committee, Chair of Audit/Finance Committee