Janet is a Principal in the Audit Services group of Brown Smith Wallace and serves as team leader in providing financial services in the not-for-profit and tax-exempt sector. She has more than 25 years of experience, specializing in services for the tax exempt community.
During Janet’s professional career, she has had the opportunity to provide services including audit, consulting, financial statement analyses and presentation, financial reporting and management recommendations, systems implementation, controllership, internal audit and training.
A frequent speaker at local and national seminars and conferences, Janet has publicly presented on many technical topics including:
- Fair-value measurement
- Internal controls
- Enterprise risk management
- Best practices for tax exempts
- Accounting for contributions and gifts
She has also written or contributed to several articles and white papers on topics such as
- Not for profit health checkups
- Audit committees
- Board governance
Janet has obtained education needed to stay current with financial reporting requirements related to tax exempt entities.
Janet is a member of the Board of Directors and Audit Committee of the United Way of Greater St. Louis and National Safe Place, and is involved with several community and other tax exempt boards and committees.
She is a member of the AICPA and the MOCPA and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- The Jewish Community Center - 2 Millstone Campus Dr., St. Louis, MO 63146, 02.13.2019
- Online/Live Webinar, 08.28.2018
- 6 Cityplace Drive (Training Room), Creve Coeur, MO 63141, 05.15.2018
- NPO Speaker Series: Putting Your Annual Campaign on the Couch - Strategies to Improve Fundraising Effectiveness @ St. Charles CountySpencer Creek Library, 427 Spencer Rd., St Peters, MO 63376, 05.01.2018
- NPO Speaker Series: Putting Your Annual Campaign on the Couch - Strategies to Improve Fundraising Effectiveness @ Jewish Community Center2 Millstone Campus Dr, St. Louis, MO 63146, 04.25.2018
- Spencer Creek Library, 427 Spencer Rd., St Peters, MO 63376, 02.28.2018
- 2 Millstone Campus Dr, St. Louis, MO 63146, 02.21.2018
- Spencer Creek Library, 427 Spencer Rd., St Peters, MO 63376, 12.14.2017
- 1 CityPlace Drive - Lower Level Auditorium, St. Louis, MO 63141, 12.06.2017
- 6 Cityplace Drive (Training Room), Creve Coeur, MO 63141, 11.08.2017
- Spencer Creek Library 427 Spencer Rd #259, St Peters, MO 63376, USA, 09.14.2017
- CityPlace 1 Auditorium 1 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 08.30.2017
- OPO Startups 119 S Main St, St Charles, MO 63301, USA, 05.04.2017
- CityPlace 1 Auditorium 1 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 04.26.2017
- CityPlace 6, Training Room 6 Cityplace Drive, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, Apr 10 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 am
- Q3-2014 NPO Speaker Series: NPO Business Risks – Buying Insurance is Not Enough to Protect Your OrganizationCityPlace 6 6 Cityplace Drive, St. Louis, MO 63141, USA, Aug 19 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Embassy Suites Airport - St. Louis 11237 Lone Eagle Drive, Bridgeton, MO 63044, USA, Oct 24 @ 12:30 pm - 8:05 pm
Board of Directors and Audit Committee--United Way of Greater St. Louis
National Safe Place