Greg is a Partner in the Brown Smith Wallace Advisory Services practice. He has over 30 years of business experience specializing in information systems and internal controls. He leads engagements involving System and Organization Control (SOC) examinations; IT audit; IT security and controls compliance; Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act compliance; and controls/process improvement. Greg’s experience spans several industries, including financial services, health care and insurance.
Prior to joining Brown Smith Wallace, Greg held leadership positions with Cardinal Health, Inc. (a Fortune 25 organization) and Deloitte. He also served as Vice President and Corporate Controller for Integrity Solution Services, Inc., where he oversaw the direction of the accounting team and improved the effectiveness and efficiency of internal control processes.
Greg’s qualifications include:
- 19 years of public accounting/consulting experience, including nine years with Deloitte in the Enterprise Risk Services area
- 13 years of industry experience with roles in internal audit, information technology and accounting
- Leading the implementation of processes and controls to comply with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Performing multiple SOX controls rationalization projects
- Directing outsourced IT audit and SOX services for many companies, including multinationals
- Overseeing SOC examination services for many organizations
Greg earned his Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and Business Pre-Law from Ohio University. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). Greg is a board member and treasurer of Safe Connections as well as a volunteer and member of the Technology Committee for the St. Louis Arc. He is a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, the Information Systems Audit and Control Association, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Technology Committee Member--St. Louis ARC
Board Member, Treasurer--Safe Connections