Bryan is the Partner in Charge of the Brown Smith Wallace Transaction Advisory and Litigation Support group. He has more than 25 years of diverse financial and operational C-Level experience in public and private companies. His financial and operational services expertise ranges across various industries such as public accounting, financial services, aerospace, consumer products, chemical manufacturing, professional manpower services and multi-channel healthcare retail.
Bryan has been involved in reorganizations, acquisitions, divestitures and restructurings for his entire career and provides diverse value-added service to every client. Prior to joining Brown Smith Wallace, Bryan began his career and became an audit manager at Arthur Andersen. Recently he has held a number of leadership roles at public corporations and privately held companies.
Some accomplishments include:
- Hired to be the Corporate Controller of LMI Aerospace to facilitate their Initial Public Offering in 1998 and conduct 4 strategic acquisitions. Was promoted to serve 2 years as a Director of Lean Operations before leaving to be the Corporate Controller for a $700M Joint Venture chemical manufacturing company owned by Solutia, Inc., FMC, Inc. and Monsanto to support the Board’s plan to undergo a $350M restructuring effort to sell the entity to Israel Chemical Company.
- Hired to be the first CFO for one of the fastest growing and largest private security companies, family-owned Whelan Security Company. Was in charge of developing the infrastructure and strategic planning to support their growth initiatives and break through the $100M sale plateau.
- Re-engineered the finance department and was Chief Operating Officer in charge of commercial sales for Life Uniform, the largest national specialty healthcare apparel retailer, then owned by Sun Capital Partners, one of the top private equity firms in the world. Successfully acquired 10 different businesses for the company. Promoted to CEO in 2013 to lead the company through a successful sale process that concluded with a “Section 363” Chapter 11 liquidity event and then subsequent wind-down.
Bryan holds a Bachelor of Science degree in finance, accounting and economics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a Masters of Business Administration from Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville. He is a Certified Public Accountant, a Chartered Global Management Accountant, an Accredited Business Valuator, a Certified Valuation Analyst, a Certified Fraud Examiner and a Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor.
Bryan currently serves as the Treasurer for St. Patrick Center, Advisory Board Member for Enterprise Bank & Trust and Telle Tire, is a member of the American Parkinson’s Disease Association Board and was also the President of the Sunset Country Club. Bryan is involved in supporting numerous local civic activities and fundraising golf tournaments in the community, including as a member of the Great Circle Advisory Council and as Treasurer of the Greater St. Louis Chapter of the American Parkinson's Disease Association.
- Transaction Advisory Partner and Private Equity Industry Group Leader Co-Presents “Financing Your Company’s Growth: What Suppliers Need to Know to Secure Financing for Future Growth”06.04.2019
- Private Equity Industry and Transaction Advisory Leaders Discuss Key Steps to Simplify M&A Working Capital07.06.2018
In The News
- Online/Live Webinar, 04.01.2020
Treasurer, Finance Committee Chairman, Executive Committee Member--St. Patrick Center
Advisory Board Member--Enterprise Bank & Trust
Advisory Board Member--Telle Tire
Past President--Sunset Country Club
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville