Amy is a Partner in the Brown Smith Wallace Advisory Services practice, where she provides internal audit services, including compliance and control documentation and testing for clients. Amy also assists clients with strategic planning initiatives, including enterprise risk management and overall efficiency and effectiveness reviews.
Amy specializes in serving clients in the financial services industry, including compliance, internal and operational audit engagements. Amy consults on internal and external client business processes and accounting procedures to facilitate process improvements and compliance with laws and regulations.
Amy’s vast experience includes:
- Working with management to effectively assess and evaluate the organizational and control structure in both public and private companies to provide strategic insight into structure and compliance efforts.
- Analyzing data to determine deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations and management policies or procedures.
- Developing recommended policies and procedures based on analyses of processes.
Prior to joining Brown Smith Wallace, Amy performed internal audit services for a publicly-traded regional casino as well as a not-for-profit organization. Amy earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting from Saint Louis University and a Masters in Business Administration from Webster University. Amy serves as the treasurer for the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners St. Louis Chapter. She also serves as the directory committee chair for the Institute of Internal Audit St. Louis Chapter. In 2016, Amy was a recipient of the St. Louis Business Journal “40 Under 40” award. In 2015, Amy was the recipient of the Brown Smith Wallace Founders’ Award. In addition to dedicating her time to the internal audit profession, Amy has served as a volunteer for the Humane Society of Missouri since 2008.
In 2018 Amy participated in the Brown Smith Wallace Partnership Readiness Program (PRP), which prepares selected Principals to become the next generation of firm Partners. She was promoted to Partner in 2019.
Honors & Recognitions
St. Louis Business Journal 40 Under 40
Brown Smith Wallace Founders' Award Recipient
- FINRA Highlights Compliance, Supervisory and Risk Management Focus Areas for Financial Services Firms02.12.2018
- Online, 03.11.2021
- Online - GoToWebinar, 09.17.2020
- Online/Live Webinar, 11.13.2019
- Online, 04.24.2018
- Brown Smith Wallace 6 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 02.28.2017
Mutts-N-Stuff -- Board Member
Humane Society of Missouri -- Volunteer, Weekend Dog Walker
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners St. Louis Chapter
Institute of Internal Audit St. Louis Chapter
Saint Louis University