Amy is a Principal in Brown Smith Wallace’s Advisory Services practice, where she provides internal audit services, including compliance and control documentation and testing for clients. Prior to joining Brown Smith Wallace, Amy performed internal audit services for a publicly-traded regional casino as well as a non-for-profit organization.
Amy’s expertise is focused on financial services, including compliance, internal and operational audits. Amy uses her skill set to consult on internal and external client business processes and accounting procedures to facilitate process improvements and compliance with laws and regulations.
Amy’s background includes:
- Working with management to effectively document the control structure in both public and private companies.
- Analyzing data to determine deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations and management policies or procedures
- Developing recommended policies and procedures based on analytical analyses of processes
Amy earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting from Saint Louis University and a Masters in Business Administration from Webster University. Amy serves as a board member for the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners St. Louis Chapter. She also serves as the secretary for the Institute of Internal Audit St. Louis Chapter. In 2015, Amy was the recipient of the Brown Smith Wallace’s Founder’s Award as well as the St. Louis Business Journal ‘40 Under 40’ award in 2016. In addition to dedicating her time to the internal audit profession, Amy has served as a volunteer for the Humane Society of Missouri since 2008 and is currently a board member of Mutts-N-Stuff.
Honors & Recognitions
St. Louis Business Journal 40 Under 40
Brown Smith Wallace Founders' Award Recipient
- FINRA Highlights Compliance, Supervisory and Risk Management Focus Areas for Financial Services Firms02.12.2018
- Online, 04.24.2018
- Brown Smith Wallace 6 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 02.28.2017
Mutts-N-Stuff -- Board Member
Humane Society of Missouri -- Volunteer, Weekend Dog Walker
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners St. Louis Chapter
Institute of Internal Audit St. Louis Chapter
Saint Louis University