The COVID-19 economy continues to challenge many business leaders. With declining revenues across most sectors and uncertainty about when the pandemic will be under control, C-Suite leaders are contemplating some difficult choices. For many business owners, you only need to redefine your strategy in the short-term, a sort of lifeline to give you time to return to profitability. There are others, however, that face a more dire situation and will need more drastic measures to secure their future.
No matter where you stand, business leaders must begin taking action to insulate themselves from risk – the risk of losing competitive advantage, risk of lost profits, and risk of liquidity. In this increasingly volatile and unpredictable world, businesses and organizations may be experiencing an ongoing cycle of disruption as they re-open and close.
Our COVID-19 Business Response Team can help your leadership team through this period of disruption. We will partner with you every step of the way to evaluate and assess options to help you achieve the best possible outcome. Our first step will be a ‘Crisis Analysis’ so we can better understand your unique challenges. We can then formulate a plan for turnaround or restructuring.
Turnaround. A business turnaround is a situation whereby a business can no longer effectively compete within its market – risk of losing competitive advantage and risk of lost profits. Here is where we can help:
- Strategic plan analysis to determine if transformation is need
- Financial modeling and projections to better understand threats to revenue streams
- Market and competitor analysis with data analytics
- Profit and business performance consulting
- Organizational planning and talent management
Restructuring & Bankruptcy. In a restructuring, the business is facing cash flow issues and potentially insolvency - risk of liquidity. This solution can be either a restructuring to strengthen the balance sheet and optimize cash flow or, in some cases, a reorganization under the bankruptcy laws. In both cases, we can help:
- Liquidity analysis and cash flow modeling to assess cash burn
- Financial modeling and forecasts to determine the longevity of financial resources
- Divestiture and transactional services to generate short-term cash flow Organizational planning and rationalization of employees
- Vendor and supplier debt negotiation
- Bank and third-party debt restructuring
- Tax implications of restructuring and bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy process assistance and reporting
Contact David Killion, CPA or John Schwartze today for more information about our turnaround and restructuring services today.