Brown Smith Wallace forensic professionals are experienced in delivering expert, in-depth analysis to provide the insight litigators, legal counsel, business owners and individuals need no matter the challenges they face. Whether providing expert testimony or conducting research behind the scenes, our forensic and litigation team provides the deep analysis and expert guidance you need.
Our experts are specifically trained in fraud investigation as well as fraud detection and prevention techniques. When it comes to forensic investigations, our clients trust us to uncover fraud and assist with putting policies, processes and controls in place.
Battling fraud is a continuous struggle for all organizations, from small businesses and large enterprises to educational institutions and government agencies. Cases of fraud often go undetected for years, which not only costs the victim organization lost revenue, but also inflicts a heavy toll on the organization’s reputation and employees.
Our comprehensive forensic and litigation support services include:
- Business valuation
- Data analysis
- Fraud prevention & detection
- Fraud investigation & quantification
- Litigation support
The Brown Smith Wallace Forensic & Litigation Support team serves clients in St. Louis, as well as regionally and nationally and includes experienced and credentialed forensic accountants that can help you prevent and investigate fraudulent activity. Many of our professionals have earned Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and Certified Forensic Accountant (Cr.FA) designations and have extensive experience working specifically on fraud and forensic accounting related engagements. We also provide litigation support services in a wide range of disputes in venues across the U.S., including working with companies and attorneys to investigate fraudulent activity. Another common theme involves the quantification of the value of a business, asset or income stream for consideration by the trier of fact, such as a judge, jury or arbitrator. We are hired not only for our knowledge and skill at performing such analysis, but also our ability to credibly testify to our opinions as an expert witness.
To request additional information on our forensic and litigation support services, please contact Ron Steinkamp or Jason Buhlinger.
Ron Steinkamp and others from Brown Smith Wallace have partnered with the Association of Government Accountants (AGA) – Ozarks Chapter to provide webinars to our members. The webinars have been very well-received by our members. The insights that Brown Smith Wallace brings in the areas of government auditing, internal control, data analysis and fraud have helped to educate our members about the importance of internal controls and data analysis in government as well as fraud prevention and detection.
Association of Government Accountants (AGA) – Ozarks Chapter
Renee Vines, Education Chair
Brown Smith Wallace performed a fraud risk assessment for the City of St. Charles Parks and Recreation Department to identify potential occupational fraud risks within the financial and accounting processes, evaluate existing internal controls, and recommend the implementation of controls and processes designed to properly address those risks. As a result of that risk assessment, the firm identified opportunities to improve our internal controls and recommended ways to better prevent fraud in the future.
City of St. Charles Parks & Recreation Department
Maralee Britton, Director of Parks and Recreation
On behalf of the IIA Memphis chapter, I wanted to extend my sincerest thanks and appreciation for your exceptional two-hour webinar training on Fraud Prevention & Detection. We truly enjoyed how Ron Steinkamp shared stories of his experiences to illustrate how the fraud detection process works. The training topic and style of delivery was very well received by our chapter members. The time flew by and the chapter members I spoke with later in the day indicated they had many takeaways from the training that could help them improve their fraud audits. Thank you for being the first webinar speaker in the history of IIA Memphis!
Valerie Annang, Chapter President
Ron Steinkamp is a frequent speaker at Missouri Municipal League conferences, trainings and webinars. His presentations have always been well-received by our audiences. His insights into fraud prevention and awareness have alerted our municipal officials to the vital importance of internal controls and financial oversight. The Missouri Municipal League recognizes Ron's expertise in forensic auditing.
Missouri Municipal League
Stuart Haynes, Policy and Membership Associate
- Occupational Fraud Findings and Increased Threats Due to Economic Hardship from the COVID-19 Pandemic11.12.2020
- ACFE Fraud Magazine, 03.20.2020
- Small Business Monthly, 08.09.2019
- Transaction Advisory Leader Co-Presents Webinar, “Fraud in Small Businesses: What’s Occurring and How to Prevent It”02.21.2019
- Missouri Municipal League Magazine, 10.31.2018
- FINRA Highlights Compliance, Supervisory and Risk Management Focus Areas for Financial Services Firms02.12.2018
- Online/Live Webinar, 09.18.2019
- First Floor Training Room, CityPlace 6 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 09.13.2019
- Q3 2019 Advisory Risk Briefing: Using Data Analytics to Monitor Fraud Risks @ Blanchette Park Memorial HallBlanchette Park Memorial Hall 1900 W Randolph St, St Charles, MO 63301, USA, 09.12.2019
- Online/Live Webinar, 03.05.2019
- Columbia, MO - Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center, 02.22.2019
- Q4 2018 Public Sector Advisory Risk Briefing: Fraud Facts and What You Need to Know to Protect Your OrganizationBrown Smith Wallace, 12.07.2018
- Q4 2018 Public Sector Advisory Risk Briefing: Fraud Facts and What You Need to Know to Protect Your OrganizationBlanchette Park Memorial Hall, 12.06.2018
- Online/Webinar, 11.08.2018
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, St. Louis, MO, 10.25.2018
- Online/Live Webinar, 08.28.2018
- Holiday Inn, Airport West Earth City, 05.31.2018
- Online, 12.15.2017
- Q4-2017 Public Sector Advisory Risk Briefing: Establishing a Fraud Risk Management Program @ 6 CityPlace First Floor Training RoomCityPlace 6 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 12.08.2017
- Q4-2017 Public Sector Advisory Risk Briefing: Establishing a Fraud Risk Management Program @ Blanchette Park Memorial HallBlanchette Park Memorial Hall 1900 W Randolph St, St Charles, MO 63301, USA, 12.07.2017
- 6 CityPlace First Floor Training Room 6 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 06.02.2017
- Blanchette Park Memorial Hall 1900 W Randolph St, St Charles, MO 63301, USA, 06.01.2017
- CityPlace 6 :: Lobby-level Training Room 6 CityPlace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 01.26.2017
- Principal, Transaction Advisory and Litigation Support
- Partner in Charge, Transaction Advisory and Litigation Support and Private Equity Industry Group Leader
- Advisory Partner and Public Sector Industry Group Leader