Regulatory compliance is a prevalent business concern due to the complexity of federal and state laws and regulations governing alcoholic beverages. It requires companies to be vigilant about maintaining a full understanding of their regulatory requirements as well as ensuring those requirements can be met without unnecessary duplication of effort and activity from resources.
Maintaining compliance requires effective processes, technology and skilled employees. Assessing risks, challenges and opportunities allows for implementation of improved processes for a sustainable compliance structure.
Through our deep craft beverage industry experience, we help breweries, wineries and distilled spirits producers navigate the complexity of federal and state regulations governing the use, manufacture, sale and taxation of products containing alcohol. Our team can help you:
- Properly register with government agencies
- Maintain the right supporting documents
- Follow Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) regulations and laws
- Appropriately prepare for a government audit
Our regulatory compliance services include:
- Alcohol excise taxes and operational report preparation
- Regulatory advice for day-to-day operations, multi-state distribution and import/export compliance
- Review of qualifying documents, current operations and processes to identify and implement a comprehensive compliance program
- Record-keeping implementation and standardization
- Preparation and ongoing support for government agency audits
- Government agency demand/assessment resolution
- System requirements implementation
- Personnel training on compliance