To successfully comply with federal, state and local alcohol tax regulations and avoid scrutiny by taxing authorities, it’s important to accurately assess where you produce and sell your alcohol products and address the specific tax requirements. As an alcohol manufacturer, wholesaler or importer, you must prepare accurate calculations and maintain and be able to produce supporting documentation for all daily transactions related to production and the eventual removal or sale of your alcohol products.
With the varied laws and regulations across federal and state taxing agencies, interpreting and applying those laws and regulations to everyday business operations is increasingly difficult. As a result, you may be overpaying your excise taxes. In addition, you may owe penalties and interest if you are not filing tax returns and reports on time or accurately.
The Brown Smith Wallace team can ease the burden of complying with alcohol regulations by helping you assess your risks and challenges to improve your compliance processes.
Our alcohol excise tax services include:
- Preparation of alcohol excise tax returns and operational reports
- Assessment and improvement of internal processes and record-keeping
- Government agency demand or assessment resolution
- Preparation and ongoing support for government agency audits
- Guidance for implementing an integrated ERP or excise tax compliance software
- Other regulatory compliance services
Learn about our other services for the craft beverage industry by clicking here.