The sweeping tax reform legislation known as the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” (TCJA) includes several provisions that will have broad implications on businesses and individual taxpayers. It is the most expansive federal tax legislation in more than 30 years, and the impact will be different for each business and individual.
The Brown Smith Wallace Tax Services practice, made up of more than 70 professionals, is here to answer your tax planning questions. To schedule a meeting to discuss your overall strategy, please complete the adjacent form, or reach out to the subject matter experts listed below.
Tax Reform Q&A - TCJA Hot Topics
Our tax subject matter experts have been fielding many questions related to tax reform impact since the TCJA was signed into law. Read the articles below for the latest insights from our tax experts on some of the most pressing topics related to tax reform.
Kevin Boeving, Tax Principal - TCJA Hot Topics: Pass-Through vs. C Corporation - What Business Owners Need to Know
Marty Doerr, Tax Partner in Charge - TCJA Hot Topics: Tax Reform Highlights
Jen Vacha, Tax Principal - TCJA Hot Topics: Tax Reform Impact to NPOs
Rob Haggerty, Tax Partner - TCJA Hot Topics: Cost Segregation
Darla Hemmann, Tax Partner - TCJA Hot Topics: Business Interest Deduction Limitation
Debbie Vandeven, Tax Principal - TCJA Hot Topics: Changes to Excess Business Loss and Net Operating Losses
Tax Reform Webinars
Access a recording of our December 5, 2018 webinar, "Year-End Tax Planning Strategies for Businesses and Individuals," by clicking here and submitting a short form. (Please note: The recording does not qualify for CPE.)
Access a recording of our February 27, 2018, webinar, "Tax Reform: Changes Impacting Business Owners," by clicking here and submitting a short form. (Please note: The recording does not qualify for CPE.)
Access a recording of our February 1, 2018, webinar, "Tax Reform: What Businesses Need to Do Now," by clicking here and submitting a short form. (Please note: The recording does not qualify for CPE.)
Subject Matter Experts
Entity Planning (including business losses, meals & entertainment, interest deductions and 20% deduction for qualified business pass-through income)
Private Equity (including carried interest and compensation)
Tax Reform Insights
- Meals, Entertainment and Transportation May Cost Businesses More Due to Tax Reform
- Tax Practice Leaders Present Webinar "Tax Reform: What Businesses Need to Do Now"
- Governor Greitens’ Missouri Tax Reform Proposal Impacts Individuals and Businesses
- Your 2017 Tax Return May Be Your Last Chance to Take the “Manufacturers’ Deduction”
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Expands Appeal of 529 Plans in Estate Planning
- Personal Exemptions, Standard Deductions and Tax Credits, Oh My!
- New Tax Law Gives Pass-Through Businesses a Valuable Deduction
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Key Provisions Affecting Estate Planning
- The TCJA Temporarily Expands Bonus Depreciation
- Most Individual Tax Rates Go Down Under the TCJA
- New Tax Law Brings Big Changes for Individual Taxpayers
- How Will the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Affect Your Estate Plan?
- New Tax Law Provides More Generous Depreciation-Related Tax Breaks
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Offers Favorable Tax Breaks For Businesses
- Congress Passes Biggest Tax Bill Since 1986