The sweeping tax reform legislation known as the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” (TCJA) includes several provisions that will have broad implications on businesses and individual taxpayers. It is the most expansive federal tax legislation in more than 30 years, and the impact will be different for each business and individual.
The Brown Smith Wallace Tax Services practice, made up of more than 70 professionals, is here to answer your tax planning questions. To schedule a meeting to discuss your overall strategy, please complete the adjacent form, or reach out to the subject matter experts listed below.
Tax Reform Webinars
Access a recording of our February 1, 2018, webinar, "Tax Reform: What Businesses Need to Do Now," by clicking here and submitting a short form. (Please note: The recording does not qualify for CPE.)
Register for our February 27, 2018, webinar, "Tax Reform: Changes Impacting Business Owners" here.
Entity Planning (including business losses, meals & entertainment, interest deductions and 20% deduction for qualified business pass-through income)
Private Equity (including carried interest and compensation)
Tax Reform Insights
- Meals, Entertainment and Transportation May Cost Businesses More Due to Tax Reform
- Tax Practice Leaders Present Webinar "Tax Reform: What Businesses Need to Do Now"
- Governor Greitens’ Missouri Tax Reform Proposal Impacts Individuals and Businesses
- Your 2017 Tax Return May Be Your Last Chance to Take the “Manufacturers’ Deduction”
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Expands Appeal of 529 Plans in Estate Planning
- Personal Exemptions, Standard Deductions and Tax Credits, Oh My!
- New Tax Law Gives Pass-Through Businesses a Valuable Deduction
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Key Provisions Affecting Estate Planning
- The TCJA Temporarily Expands Bonus Depreciation
- Most Individual Tax Rates Go Down Under the TCJA
- New Tax Law Brings Big Changes for Individual Taxpayers
- How Will the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Affect Your Estate Plan?
- New Tax Law Provides More Generous Depreciation-Related Tax Breaks
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Offers Favorable Tax Breaks For Businesses
- Congress Passes Biggest Tax Bill Since 1986