Tax and Legislative Updates
- 3.27.2020: How Will the COVID-19 Health Crisis Affect Financial Reporting?
- 3.26.2020: CARES Act Will Provide Billions of Dollars of Relief From COVID-19 Impact
- 3.26.2020: Did COVID-19 Disrupt Your Property Tax Compliance Efforts?
- 3.26.2020: Individuals Get Tax and Other Relief from COVID-19
- 3.25.2020: COVID-19: IRS Action Taken and Federal Tax Legislation Enacted to Ease Tax Compliance Burdens, Economic Pain
- 3.25.2020: COVID-19 Changes Some State and Local Tax Obligations
- 3.20.2020: Tax Filing Deadline Moved to July 15
- 3.20.2020: What You Need to Know About the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- 3.19.2020: The IRS Issues Guidance on the Tax Payment Extension Deadline
- 3.17.2020: COVID-19 Relief Legislation Signed into Law
- 3.16.2020: Brown Smith Wallace Client Tax Alert: COVID-19 Update
- 3.27.2020: Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security "CARES" Act: Small Business Lending
- 3.26.2020: Fraudsters Are Using COVID-19 to Fleece Americans
- 3.25.2020: Former CEO Says Lessons from Last Recession Can Help Businesses Today
- 3.24.2020: Missouri & Illinois Businesses and Nonprofits Now Eligible for SBA Disaster Loans
- 3.20.2020: COVID-19: Beware Fraudsters During an Uncertain Time
- 3.17.2020: COVID-19: Ways to Ready Your Organization for Future Disruption
To our Clients, Colleagues & Communities:
The Brown Smith Wallace Family wants you to know that your well-being and safety is our top priority as we continually monitor the impact of COVID-19 on our daily activities. Here are a few steps we are taking to respond to this unprecedented and rapidly evolving situation:
For our Clients: First and foremost, know that we’re here to support you. We’ve made significant investments in technology that allow us to work with you virtually so everyone can stay safe and minimize the spread of COVID-19. Your engagement team will collaborate with you on how to best serve you over the next several weeks. In addition, if you have specific questions about the impact to tax season, click here.
Finally, we’ll keep you informed of any important regulatory updates from federal, state and local regulators that directly impact your personal and business matters.
For our Colleagues: We are strongly encouraging our Brown Smith Wallace Family members to work from home during this time. All business air travel is suspended through April 15.
For now, our offices will remain open for staff with responsibilities that require them to be in the office. However, we’re monitoring the situation continually and will advise of any changes to our plans.
For our Communities: We like to say that St. Louis is the Gateway to the Best. We’re very proud to call St. Louis our home and know that we’ll get through this difficult time with the help and support of each other.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Brown Smith Wallace advisor.