Hurry Up and Wait...Again
The Obama Administration announced February 10, yet another delay in the implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). This comes on the heels of a previous announcement delaying implementation of the employer mandate for large employers by a year to January 1, 2015.
Impact for Medium-Sized Employer Group—Companies with 50-99 Employees
- The announcement included the creation of a “medium” sized employer group defined as having between 50 and 99 employees.
- The medium sized employers will not be required to offer health insurance to their employees until January 1, 2016.
- However, the responsibility of the individual to have insurance starting in 2014 has not been changed.
Mandate Largely Unchanged for Large Employer Group--Companies with 100 or more Employees
- Large employers are still required to offer insurance to their employees starting in 2015.
- However, they will only be required to offer appropriate insurance to 70% of employees starting January 1, 2015, rising to 95% of employees beginning January 1, 2016
Health Care Reform Insights
We have a number of resources to help organizations stay up-to-date on the latest changes in health care. Learn more from our videos and articles.
[embed width="560" height="315"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl8m8Xp-N3s[/embed]
Ron Present, leader of the Brown Smith Wallace Health Care Advisory Services industry group, explains why a strategic approach to health care reform is important.
[embed width="560" height="315"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9_Xwt7OWnY[/embed]
See how Brown Smith Wallace helped the Visiting Nurse Association adapt to health care reform and change the trajectory of their organization's future.
Make the Most of Recent Health Care Reform Delays
[gravityform id="86" name="Health Care Reform Information Request"]
For more information about developing a health care reform strategy or to schedule a meeting, contact Ron Present, Health Care Industry Group Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.983.1358.