HHS Announces Phase 3 of Provider Relief Fund
On October 1, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced a new Phase 3 round of the Provider Relief Fund. The new application portal is open now through November 6.
To be eligible for this phase, the applicant must meet one of the following criteria:
- Billed Medicaid/CHIP programs or Medicaid managed care plans for health-related services between January 1, 2018 – March 31, 2020; or
- Billed a health insurance company for oral healthcare-related services as a dental service provider as of March 31, 2020; or
- Be a licensed dental service provider as of March 31, 2020, who does not accept insurance and has billed patients for oral healthcare-related services; or
- Billed Medicare fee-for-service during the period of January 1, 2019 – March 31, 2020; or
- Be a Medicare Part A provider that experienced a CMS-approved change in ownership prior to Aug. 10, 2020; or
- Be a state-licensed/certified assisted living facility as of March 31, 2020; or
- Be a behavioral health provider as of March 31, 2020, who has billed a health insurance company or who does not accept insurance and has billed patients for healthcare-related services as of March 31, 2020.
In the announcement, HHS said that providers who have already received payments of 2 percent of annual revenue may submit more information to become eligible for additional payment.
For more information, click here. We will continue to monitor this new program, and the reporting requirements, as additional information becomes available.
For questions, please contact Ron Present at 314.983.1358 or email@example.com or Mark Renken at 636.754.0234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.