The real estate industry is fast-paced and undergoing constant change. For this reason, it’s important to work with a team who understands the industry, both locally and nationally, and who will be your partner in keeping pace with industry changes and offer proactive solutions to impact your growth and success.
Brown Smith Wallace real estate CPAs, consultants and advisors have backgrounds in construction management, engineering, real estate litigation support, transaction advisory, audit, tax and accounting. Our team possesses a unique blend of talents to help developers, owners, property managers, landlords, syndicators and investors, real estate partnerships and others in the real estate industry.
In addition to providing traditional tax, accounting and audit services, our real estate industry expertise includes:
- Specialty Tax Services:
- Property Tax Strategies
- Business Personal Property Compliance and Consulting
- Real Estate Tax Consulting and Appeals
- Pre-Acquisition Due Diligence
- Check Writing for Tax Bill Payments
- Fixed Asset Reviews
- Credit and Incentive Compliance
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Credits & Incentives
- Estate Planning
- Historic Preservation Tax Credits
- Like-Kind Exchanges Consulting (Section 1031)
- Opportunity Zones
- Passive Activity Rules
- Sales and Use Tax Analysis
- State and Local Tax Compliance
- Property Tax Strategies
- Audit Services:
- Advisory Services:
Our team’s experience allows them to help throughout the entire lifecycle of a project, from project inception through its completion, and the ongoing tax and accounting compliance.
In addition to finding significant savings on Mercy construction projects, the Brown Smith Wallace Construction Audit team understands our values and culture – treating vendors as Mercy would. The team members have broad skillsets and deep industry experience, bringing us a concentration of industry best practices.
Geralyn Lynch, Director Facilities Finance
Brown Smith Wallace is a great partner for the breadth of services that we require. Not only do they perform our typical annual audit, we also have two HUD audits that we need each year and all of our audits require Uniform Guidance compliance. In addition, they perform our 403(b) audit and audits for two for-profit entities under a Master Lease arrangement. As a fairly complex entity, it’s nice to know we can obtain all the expertise we need under one roof! The staff we work with are terrific!
Places for People
Laura McCallister, Vice President of Finance & Facilities
- CARES Act Provides Substantial Tax Deductions by Expanding Bonus Depreciation to “Qualified Improvement Property”04.21.2020
In The News
- St. Louis Business Journal, 07.03.2019
- Online/Live Webinar, 03.13.2019
- Online/Live Webinar, 09.12.2018