Brown Smith Wallace has extensive expertise in the unique financial, operational and compliance challenges facing nonprofit organizations. Our specialized practice provides not for profit accounting, tax and financial consulting services.
Brown Smith Wallace provides services to not for profit organizations that need national firm expertise, however, prefer the personal service and fee structure of a quality regional accounting firm. Our independence provides your organization’s management with practical solutions and value added ideas. Our goal is to help you maximize revenue and minimize costs to enable you to focus on your mission. Our nonprofit accounting services include:
- Nonprofit audit and assurance
- Nonprofit tax consulting – Form 990
- Nonprofit financial consulting
- Operations management
- Strategic planning
Some of our value-added services for not for profit businesses include tax consulting, construction audits, employee benefit plan audits, energy efficiency studies along with the development and review of internal controls.
We have experience with a wide variety of not for profit organizations such as charitable organizations, private foundations, faith-based entities, trade associations and educational institutions.
Our nonprofit accounting services team consists of 14 experienced professionals. Team members receive specialized training to stay current with the key issues facing the nonprofit industry, including financial reporting requirements, developments pertaining to the OMB A-133 regulation, nonprofit accounting, nonprofit tax, including Form 990 issues and unrelated business income and strategic planning considerations.
Our commitment to the not for profit community does not stop at providing quality service to clients. Our team – and many other firm employees – are heavily involved in supporting a wide variety of civic, charitable and faith-based organizations in the greater St. Louis region. A number of our people serve in leadership positions on various not for profit boards and in organizations such as the United Way, the Ronald McDonald House and St. Louis Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts.
- 2 Millstone Campus Dr, St. Louis, MO 63146, 02.21.2018
- Spencer Creek Library, 427 Spencer Rd., St Peters, MO 63376, 02.28.2018
- Spencer Creek Library, 427 Spencer Rd., St Peters, MO 63376, 12.14.2017
- 1 CityPlace Drive - Lower Level Auditorium, St. Louis, MO 63141, 12.06.2017
- 6 Cityplace Drive (Training Room), Creve Coeur, MO 63141, 11.08.2017
- Spencer Creek Library 427 Spencer Rd #259, St Peters, MO 63376, USA, 09.14.2017
- CityPlace 1 Auditorium 1 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 08.30.2017