The Brown Smith Wallace Insurance Industry Group serves the needs of insurance providers by offering specialized insurance accounting, tax consulting, audit and advisory services. We have a team of 20 professionals dedicated to serving the insurance industry, making our practice one of the largest in the nation that specializes in serving the unique needs of the insurance industry. We are the top-ranked, Missouri based A.M. Best national insurance industry audit firm.
We provide insurers with practical solutions and operational guidance to help them achieve their business goals while safeguarding sustainability in this unpredictable industry. Our insurance industry clients include:
- Private and public property and casualty, life, and health insurance companies
- Private and public reinsurance companies
- Public entity and private risk pools
- Insurance agencies
- Insurance brokers
- Managing general underwriters
- Managing general agents
- Third party administrators
Keeping track of industry trends for our clients is important. We maintain memberships to industry associations like IASA and SIIA and regularly share what we learn about the current business landscape through our thought leadership, which includes articles, blog posts, emails, webinars and in-person events. We serve as your partner to help develop a sound and comprehensive business strategy.
Our comprehensive insurance industry services include:
- Audit & Assurance
- Tax Consulting and Compliance
- Advisory Services - We assist our clients in safeguarding their company’s future viability and sustainability in this unpredictable economy and industry.
- Cybersecurity. Our cybersecurity professionals use cutting-edge strategies and tools to ensure your organization is compliant, safe from outside threats, and capable of mitigating damage in the event of an attack or data breach.
- Internal Audit. Our internal audit team provides valuable assurance and advice to address your organization’s strategic, financial, operational, compliance and technology risks.
- Internal Control Compliance. We can help your organization improve and maintain a strong internal control program by understanding the intricacies of your organization and the solution that fits your unique needs.
- Third Party Assurance. The Brown Smith Wallace team of expert professionals can help you with any third party assurance needs you have—including SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3 and Agreed Upon Procedures—to help your organization realize tremendous results.
- Litigation Support. Whether your company needs business valuation, lost profits damages testimony, forensic accounting, or civil litigation services, the Brown Smith Wallace Transaction Advisory and Litigation Support team offers a high level of professionalism, skill and expertise.
Excellent service, great audit firm.
Custom Disability Solutions
A division of Reliance Standard Life Ins. Co.
Paul K. Fields, Chief Financial Officer
Brown Smith Wallace provides us with detail-oriented, user friendly service as our outsourced internal audit provider. They’ve been very helpful in enhancing our controls with their internal control and operational recommendations. We have made particularly good use of their sampling resources and they have provided us with very helpful, independent support to our SOX compliance efforts. I am very impressed with the depth of their insurance industry knowledge, and I find them very approachable and easy to work with. They have demonstrated great flexibility in our dynamic environment.
Independence Holding Company
Paul Janerico, Vice President, Internal Audit
We engaged Brown Smith Wallace to perform an independent review of our insurance policies ahead of the yearly renewal deadline. Their consultants pointed us to an alternate insurer who specializes in writing property insurance policies for higher education entities. As a result of the insurance review, I was able to secure more comprehensive coverage geared toward the specific needs of our university at a much lower price. We are grateful for their insurance expertise and quick action to help generate cost savings that can be reinvested across the university.
Frank Sanfilippo, Chief Financial Officer
Brown Smith Wallace has been providing financial audits and tax consulting services for The Bar Plan for over ten years. Over that time, Brown Smith Wallace has been a very valuable resource for questions that arise from a financial, regulatory or business perspective. We look forward to working with the insurance practice team of Brown Smith Wallace.
The Bar Plan Mutual Insurance Company
Gregory H. Klaus, Chief Financial Officer
I have had the opportunity to work with the Brown Smith Wallace insurance practice, both audit and tax, for approximately ten years. Year after year they continue to provide outstanding service at a competitive price. They make the review and audit process easy because they are well organized and have years of experience in this industry. Their staff retention is strong, which has allowed the opportunity to build strong relationships while experiencing a very efficient audit and tax reporting process. I am thankful we have found a firm that understands our industry so well, and also sees the value in building and fostering relationships with their clients.
Julie Abel, CPA, Vice President and Treasurer
- New Disclosure Requirements for Short-Duration Contracts Issued by Insurance Companies on GAAP Financial Statements10.10.2017
In The News
- Captive Insurance Times, 08.13.2018
- Online/Live Webinar, 03.13.2019
- JW Marriott, Austin, TX, 09.23.2018
- Online/Live Webinar, 09.12.2018
- St. Charles Convention Center, 09.10.2018
- Chase Park Plaza Hotel, 05.21.2018
- Online, 05.16.2018
- Online, 05.15.2018
- CityPlace 1 - Lower Auditorium and Atrium 1 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 04.20.2017