The pervasiveness and cost of occupational fraud and abuse e.g., asset misappropriations, corruption, and financial statement fraud, is a huge problem in the world today. In a 2010 study, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) estimated that a typical organization loses 5% of annual revenue to fraud – applied to 2009 GDP, this translates to fraud losses of $2.9 trillion annually.
Because of the nature of fraud, companies need experts specifically trained in fraud investigation as well as fraud detection and fraud prevention techniques. Our fraud detection and prevention team includes experienced and credentialed forensic accountants that can help you prevent and investigate fraudulent activity.
Here are some risk services and tools you have access to with the Brown Smith Wallace fraud prevention and detection team:
- Fraud risk assessments
- Fraud investigations
- Fraud prevention review
- Continuous monitoring programs
- Litigation support
- Expert testimony
- Fraud Diagnostic Tools
- Anti-corruption Fraud Prevention Toolkit
- Fraud Detection & Prevention Toolkit
- Fraud Prevention Check-up
Fraud prevention processes, policies and controls are designed to stop fraud before it occurs, eliminating the need for fraud detection. Our fraud prevention and fraud detection team can design a fraud prevention plan that will help you:
| || |
Our fraud prevention and detection professionals have a depth of exposure working on fraud and forensic related projects, which includes work experience at national accounting firms, consulting firms and multinational corporations and government agencies. Many of our professionals have earned graduate degrees, along with the coveted Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and Certified Forensic Accountant (Cr.FA) designations, and have over 10 years of respective experience working specifically on fraud and forensic related engagements.
To schedule a fraud assessment, or for information on our additional risk advisory services, please contact our fraud prevention and detection team.
- Q4 2018 Public Sector Advisory Risk Briefing: Fraud Facts and What You Need to Know to Protect Your OrganizationBlanchette Park Memorial Hall, 12.06.2018
- Q4 2018 Public Sector Advisory Risk Briefing: Fraud Facts and What You Need to Know to Protect Your OrganizationBrown Smith Wallace, 12.07.2018
- Q4 2018 Advisory Risk Briefing Webinar: Fraud Facts and What You Need to Know to Protect Your OrganizationOnline/Live Webinar, 12.12.2018