Government entities face many risks related to fraud, lack of adequate internal controls, cybersecurity, lack of staff and ineffective and inefficient processes. In order to avoid crisis and loss of public trust, government managers need a good understanding of the risks that could impact their organization to effectively assess, prioritize, mitigate, manage and monitor them -- that is where Brown Smith Wallace can help.
Brown Smith Wallace is one of the most experienced firms to provide audit, accounting and consulting services to government entities. Our federal government services professionals provide a variety of compliance, fraud and forensic, consulting, process improvement and audit and control services for government entities of all sizes.
The Brown Smith Wallace federal government services team consists of accountants, auditors and advisors guided by our desire to support government entities in pursuit of accountability and transparency to ensure compliance, fiscal responsibility, risk management and process improvement. We understand the risks that impact government and can help through our core audit and advisory services, or through our in-demand value added services.
For more information on our federal government services, click here to download our capabilities sales sheet.
Financial & Performance Audits
Financial-related audits, performance audits, and contract audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and non-GAGAS.
- Financial related audits
- Performance audits
- Compliance audits
- Contract audits
- Internal controls reviews
- Fraud audits
- Grant audits
- Fixed asset audits
- Single Audits
- Pension audits
- FISMA Audits
- FIAR Compliance
With our depth of expertise, Brown Smith Wallace offers complete accounting services from basic bookkeeping to acting CFO. Services we offer include:
- Data analysis and summarization
- Transaction analysis
- Transaction processing
- Technical assistance in devising new or revised accounting policies and procedures
- Classifying accounting transactions
- Special studies to improve accounting operations.
Grants Management Support Services
We can support and assist federal grants management personnel in all phases of the grants management process including:
- Compliance of grantees business and financial management systems
- Ensuring grantees responsible and accountable use of grant funds
- Ensuring that grantees performance is in full compliance with grant requirements
- Assisting government grants management personnel
- Advising government personnel in managing Grant Financial Management systems
- Managing the project period of performance schedule
- Evaluating deliverables required under the grant program
- Grant close-out procedures.
Schedule a Meeting
- Business Performance Consulting
- Business Performance Review
- Construction Audit
- Cost Control & Reduction
- Data Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Information Security and Data Privacy
- Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk
- Internal Control Compliance
- IT Audit & Advisory
- Outsourced Accounting
- Process Improvement
- Risk Advisory
- SOC Examinations