Brown Smith Wallace has an entire network of resources to provide specialized services and accounting, audit and tax solutions for the unique regulatory and operational complexities of the brokerage and investment advisory industries. Our services safeguard broker-dealers, investment advisors and their clients from potential risks.
Our professional financial services team consists of dedicated, experienced professionals who understand your industry. Team members receive specialized training and education to stay current with the key issues and developments facing the broker-dealer and investment advisory industries, including financial reporting requirements, FOCUS and supplemental reporting requirements, and general SEC/FINRA/PCAOB regulatory compliance.
In addition to the traditional audit and tax services provided, we also provide a broad range of industry specific support for this niche market. Our full-service audit approach minimizes regulatory reporting frustrations so you can focus on maximizing your returns and achieving your firm’s goals. With the expertise of our team, we provide support on a number of issues affecting broker-dealers including:
- SEC/FINRA/PCAOB regulatory analysis and support
- Anti-money laundering program audits and reporting
- SEC required Internal control reporting and surprise examinations
- Net capital calculations and Rule 15c3-1 compliance
- Reserve requirements and Rule 15c3-3 compliance
- FOCUS reporting and compliance with new rules and supplemental filings
- SIPC reporting and compliance
- Enhanced data analysis
- Business process and accounting/finance function improvement
- Information security
- State and local tax reviews including nexus
We currently provide a wide range of services to broker-dealers and investment advisors ranging from individual consultants to large publicly traded brokerage firms. We can help you navigate the ever changing rules facing your industry. Contact us to learn about the constructive and proactive suggestions we may have for your firm.
- FINRA Highlights Compliance, Supervisory and Risk Management Focus Areas for Financial Services Firms02.12.2018
- SEC Issues No-Action Letter Clarifying Net Capital Treatment of Leases Under New Accounting Standards01.06.2017
- CityPlace 1 - Lower Auditorium and Atrium 1 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 04.20.2017
Schedule a Meeting