Brown Smith Wallace has an entire network of resources to provide specialized services and accounting, audit and tax solutions for the unique regulatory and operational complexities of the brokerage and investment advisory industries. Our services safeguard broker-dealers, investment advisors and their clients from potential risks.
Our professional financial services team consists of dedicated, experienced professionals who understand your industry. Team members receive specialized training and education to stay current with the key issues and developments facing the broker-dealer and investment advisory industries, including financial reporting requirements, FOCUS and supplemental reporting requirements, and general SEC/FINRA/PCAOB regulatory compliance.
In addition to the traditional audit and tax services provided, we also provide a broad range of industry specific support for this niche market. Our full-service audit approach minimizes regulatory reporting frustrations so you can focus on maximizing your returns and achieving your firm’s goals. With the expertise of our team, we provide support on a number of issues affecting broker-dealers including:
- SEC/FINRA/PCAOB regulatory analysis and support
- Anti-money laundering program audits and reporting
- SEC required Internal control reporting and surprise examinations
- Net capital calculations and Rule 15c3-1 compliance
- Reserve requirements and Rule 15c3-3 compliance
- FOCUS reporting and compliance with new rules and supplemental filings
- SIPC reporting and compliance
- Enhanced data analysis
- Business process and accounting/finance function improvement
- Information security
- State and local tax reviews including nexus
We currently provide a wide range of services to broker-dealers and investment advisors ranging from individual consultants to large publicly traded brokerage firms. We can help you navigate the ever changing rules facing your industry. Contact us to learn about the constructive and proactive suggestions we may have for your firm.
We are extremely satisfied with the audit services provided by Brown Smith Wallace. Our team at Brown Smith Wallace is always available and responsive to our questions, understands our business model and our industry, and consistently delivers outstanding and timely results. Thank you Brown Smith Wallace.
First Brokerage America, LLC
Judy Payuk, VP/Chief Compliance Officer
Brown Smith Wallace has been able to deliver exceptional value at an excellent price point. They delivered exactly what they promised: they met fieldwork and delivery deadlines; they assigned experienced benefit plan auditors,and they knew the information they needed and only asked once. I would highly recommend them.
Drew Dennison, Managing Director of Accounting and Finance
Brown Smith Wallace has been a valuable partner to our firm. We have found their staff to be knowledgeable, fair, professional and efficient in the services they provide. We have benefited from their straight forward discussions of our business. We look forward to working with them for years to come.
Smith, Moore & Company
Donna Frederick, Chief Operating Officer
- FINRA Highlights Compliance, Supervisory and Risk Management Focus Areas for Financial Services Firms02.12.2018
- SEC Issues No-Action Letter Clarifying Net Capital Treatment of Leases Under New Accounting Standards01.06.2017
- Online/Live Webinar, 09.12.2018
- Online, 07.18.2018
- Online, 04.24.2018
- CityPlace 1 - Lower Auditorium and Atrium 1 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 04.20.2017
Schedule a Meeting