Q3-2013 Nonprofit Roundtable Series
CYBER ATTACKS – THE CRUMBLING BLOW TO NONPROFITS
Let’s face it—St. Louis has fallen victim to its fair share of cyber attacks and security breaches in 2013. Why do nonprofits need to be concerned about information security today, more than ever before? Many nonprofit organizations are unsure about how to address and manage the risks around information security, compliance and security and privacy. We’re learning that controls need to be defined, documented and implemented to reduce the risk of information being viewed, accessed or compromised. It is our goal for this roundtable discussion to help you to better understand how to protect against the crumbling blow of a cyber attack.
In this interactive roundtable discussion facilitated by Brown Smith Wallace, we will help you to better understand the facts surrounding information security risk management. Tony Munns, Member of IT Security & Privacy at Brown Smith Wallace, will discuss how you can take a reasonable and responsible approach to protecting your nonprofit organization from Cyber Attacks.
Topics covered during the discussion include:
- The subtle differences between Security, Privacy, Cyber Security and Information Security
- Proper information security controls
- Data classification – how to correctly classify your data
- The cost of a data breach
- Tools to help you gain a better understanding of security strengths and weaknesses
- Information security program – development and management