Make an IMPACT
The application process for our 2018 programs is now open. IMPACT sessions will take place June 4-5 and June 11-12. Click here to check out the Brown Smith Wallace Family culture.
IMPACT was created to provide accounting students an exclusive opportunity to participate in their intended field, strengthen their leadership skills and prepare for their first internship.
The two-day session is intensive and rewarding. Students participate in real-world tax, audit and advisory simulations and engage in presentations designed to help prepare them for a career in public accounting.
Students work closely with firm leadership, and at the end of the session they walk away with refined leadership and professional etiquette skills, which are essential to success in the industry.
Here's What Some 2017 Participants Have to Say
“I have had a fantastic experience at Brown Smith Wallace so far! I was amazed that even as a brand new family member, my opinion was valued from day one. The firm continually shows their appreciation for me, whether it be a ‘good job’ from a partner or a box of cookies in the mail.” – Blaire Paubel, Tax Staff
“The amazing work/life balance and family-like atmosphere is what drew me to Brown Smith Wallace in the first place. It has been wonderful working with people who are more than simply my coworkers; they have become my friends and my family. Overall, I can definitely say that pursuing a career at Brown Smith Wallace has been one of the best decisions that I have ever made.” – Erionna Hardy, Entrepreneurial Services Group Intern
“Brown Smith Wallace is truly my ideal workplace. I am grateful for the IMPACT Program giving me the chance to work at such a wonderful firm.” – Ashley Dickson, Advisory Intern
Upcoming Campus Visits
All campus visits will be from 10 am-2 pm. Stop by to learn more about the program and the Firm for Growth!
- January 30, 2018: Southeast Missouri State, Dempster Hall entrance way
- January 31, 2018: University of Missouri - St. Louis, Anheuser - Busch Hall entrance way
- February 1, 2018: Lindenwood University, Harmon Hall entrance way
- February 6, 2018: Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville, Founders Hall (2nd floor outside of Accounting office)
- February 7, 2018: Missouri State University, Glass Hall Atrium
- February 13, 2018: Saint Louis University, John Cook School of Business Atrium
- February 14, 2018: Harris-Stowe State University, Henry Givens Administration building (2nd floor)
- February 20, 2018: University of Missouri - Columbia, Cornell Hall Room 105
- Apply through the Brown Smith Wallace Current Opportunities webpage
- Submit an essay with no more than 500 words regarding one of the topics listed on IMPACT Application page
- The IMPACT Team will determine candidates to move to the On Campus Interview portion
- One day of On Campus Interviews will be conducted, specific dates TBD
- Decisions will be e-mailed to all students
- Declared or anticipating to declare Accounting as Major
- Completed their Junior Year of college by May 2018
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- APPLICATIONS DUE: Friday, March 2, 2018
- Application Reading Period: March 5-9, 2018
- Interviewees notified for scheduling: March 12-16, 2018
- On Campus Interviews: March 19-April 13, 2018
- 2018 IMPACT Students Announced: April 20, 2018