Ron is a Partner in the Advisory Services group of Brown Smith Wallace and leads the Public Sector Advisory Services group. With over 20 years of experience, he focuses on internal controls, internal audit, business process improvement, enterprise risk management, fraud and forensic prevention and detection and investigation, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. His expertise spans a variety of industries, including government, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, and construction.
His extensive internal audit experience spans areas such as developing, enhancing and directing internal audit functions, business process improvement initiatives, compliance reviews, operational audits, construction audits, and fraud investigations.
Previously, Ron was managing director of the St. Louis market for Adams Harris, a professional services firm that specializes in internal auditing, accounting and finance, corporate tax, and technology risk management. He was responsible for developing and managing client engagements and served as the internal audit and financial internal controls expert. His prior experience also includes serving as the director of internal audit at Jefferson Wells and internal audit executive for the City of St. Louis.
He has led the development of a methodology for internal audit quality assessment reviews, developed the internal audit infrastructure for a large metropolitan city, directed construction audit efforts on a $2 billion dollar airport expansion and assisted in the implementation of Government Accounting Standards Board Statement No. 34. He has also identified over $300 million in questioned costs/savings while an auditor with the federal government.
Ron graduated cum laude from the University of Missouri – Columbia with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), has a Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), and is a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
He is a member of the following organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Association of Government Accountants, St. Louis Chapter
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Missouri Society of CPAs
- Missouri Municipal League (MML)
- Boys Hope Girls Hope of St. Louis
- Focus St. Louis
He is currently on the board of governors for the St. Louis Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), having previously served as president, vice president, treasurer, and chairman of several committees for the organization, and as a validator/internal quality assessor for the IIA. In addition, he is a board member of the St. Louis Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), the St. Louis Chapter of the Association of Government Accountants, and the St. Louis Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE).
- Online, 12.15.2017
- Q4-2017 Public Sector Advisory Risk Briefing: Establishing a Fraud Risk Management Program @ 6 CityPlace First Floor Training RoomCityPlace 6 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 12.08.2017
- Q4-2017 Public Sector Advisory Risk Briefing: Establishing a Fraud Risk Management Program @ Blanchette Park Memorial HallBlanchette Park Memorial Hall 1900 W Randolph St, St Charles, MO 63301, USA, 12.07.2017
- OPO Startups 119 S Main St, St Charles, MO 63301, USA, 05.04.2017
- CityPlace 1 Auditorium 1 Cityplace Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141, USA, 04.26.2017
Boys Hope Girls Hope of St. Louis (Governing Board)
Focus St. Louis
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
Association of Government Accountants, St. Louis Chapter
Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
Missouri Municipal League (MML)
Missouri Society of CPAs (MOCPA)
University of Missouri – Columbia